COACHING OPPORTUNITY: ACADEMY COACH
Chigoli is searching for a ‘Academy Coach’ from January of 2019. This key coaching position will be responsible for the planning and delivering the coaching program for our gifted U14 boys squad, whilst advising and helping develop our U16 boys and girls squad and working on position specific coaching for our residential players (u12-u18).
The Academy Coach’s role is to help nurture an encouraging, supportive and motivated environment for world-class football, education and character development, helping the Chigoli players prepare for scholarship and professional football opportunities in the future.
The role requires a focused and driven individual, a team player and someone who is looking to acquire international coaching experience whilst playing an important role within a small and driven management team. The role is varied and there is an expectancy for the successful candidate to engage with all elements of day to day academy operation. Chigoli is looking for a qualified coach (UEFA B/Equivalent or working towards it) with demonstrable experience.
About Chigoli – Since 2014, Chigoli has emerged as one of East Africa's top part residential youth football academies. Chigoli has scouted over 25,000 players to select an academy of 60 players. The most strategic talent search in Malawi’s history. Chigoli has 3 U17 youth internationals, including the captain and in August 2018 our first player graduated the academy, earning a $62k a year scholarship to an amazing boarding school in the USA.
In 2017 we were the subject of a CNN documentary as part of their ‘Inside Africa’ series – you can see this here - https://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/19/africa/chigoli-football-academy-malawi/index.html.
Chigoli is based in the capital of Malawi, Lilongwe, and are developing our own base on the outskirts of the city. The Academy is based around a residential boarding house and trains 3 times a week at present.
The academy is built on three pillars – advanced soccer coaching, education and character development. Nutritional and medical support is also provided for players.
Roles and responsibilities -
- Planning and coaching for male U14/16 and female U16 squads
- Delivery of U14 male coaching program
- Coaching at Chigoli Soccer School and Chigoli Private (3 hours a week)
- Development of Malawian coaches in male U14/16 and female U16 squads
- Support of Academy leadership
- Playing a key role in creating elite soccer, character and educational environment
What’s on offer -
- 9-month coaching placement (Jan/Feb – Oct/Nov, 2019)
- Accommodation in Chigoli House in Lilongwe
- Local meals provided
- All travel for Chigoli provided – return flights, airport transfers, transport to and from Chigoli training, coaching, events
- Access to Chigoli mini bus (subject to valid driving licence) on weekdays when not in use for Academy operation
- Visa to Malawi
- Monthly allowance to cover basic living costs
Please submit an email/letter of interest and your CV to:
George Maguire, Founder, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on Chigoli, visit www.chigoli.org.